Introduction to MENAFA
The Middle East & North Africa Franchise Association (MENAFA) is a membership organization of franchisors, franchisees, and service providers. As the only regional industry association serving the $30 billion franchise sector growing at a rate of 27% annually in the MENA region, MENAFA is a one-stop shop for anyone considering new business opportunities in the franchise sector. We widely represent those concerned with promoting high-quality franchising both in the MENA region and around the world.
At MENAFA we commit ourselves to a state-of-the-art promotion of the franchising industry as a tool for economic & human development throughout the MENA region. The central goal is to build the foundation needed to make MENAFA a credible and effective association that will deliver and add value to the franchising industry in the MENA region. MENAFA focuses on the key benefits to the franchising industry in the region, as well as promoting growth and expansion regionally and globally through our wide and comprehensive networking opportunities.
MENAFA’s vision is to be recognized internationally as the complete resource for comprehensive advice and support for effective business format franchising in the Middle East and North Africa for the benefits of economic development.
MENAFA’s Mission Statement
MENAFA’s mission is to bring together the best practices of franchising as these affect each Member country and thereby to protect, enhance and promote franchising through government relations, public relations and educational programs.
MENAFA will encourage government support for SME franchise programs based on the following socio-economic development benefits:
- Job creation (direct, indirect, and induced)
- Tax base is increased due to more output, higher efficiency of new businesses, and more accurate reporting
- Economic modernization and infrastructure development
- Long-term economic growth
- Higher level of entrepreneurship and SME development
- Advanced entrepreneurship via multiple-unit franchising provides higher growth
- Franchising diffuses innovations across the system of outlets
- Increased competition leads to additional consumer choices and/or lower prices
- Franchising education and skill transfer
- Enhancement of the labor force
- More expertise and managerial and labor training
- Output creation (direct, indirect, and induced)
MENAFA Advisory Board
MENAFA Advisory Board is an international network of franchise professionals covering operations, development, marketing and law, who are available to advise and share their experiences with franchisors, franchisees and investors. The Advisory Board is committed to provide MENAFA with comprehensive guidance in the many different areas of their particular competencies including planning, policy making, outreach and technology.